Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A tribute to Ula

I wanted to post a picture of my sweet dog Ula. We lost her at the tender age of two years old to what we can only assume was Pug encephalitis. The vet's had never really seen anything like it. 

  It's going to be a huge adjustment living without her. Ula was always a surprise to people at the park because she looked like a pug baby but was really half pug and half boston terrier along with being a runt.  The thing that surprised people was her love for a frisbee. Pugs just don't chase frisbees, but Ula was a frisbee and ball loving girl. She loved to go camping and frequent the local dog park. A favorite activity of hers was to stand at the edge of the water, lake or sea, and bark and bark at the waves and ripples. I must admit I found this annoying at the time but would love to hear her barking at it now.
  Ula left behind my five year old daughter who is still coming to terms with what death means and our three year old cat Nemo who shared a special relationship with the dog. Nemo was always the first one to put Ula back in line when she was barking or misbehaving.
  We really loved you Ula bops, and miss you so much. What a wonderful addition to our family you were,  nothing will replace you in our hearts and you will be remembered forever.

8 Comments:

Blonde Goddess said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I would be devastated if I were to lose Elsa. She is as much as part of our family as the rest of us.
I hope that you will find peace and solace in memories.

My sincerest condolences.

Burgandy said...

Thanks so much.

alamodestuff said...

She was adorable. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Carol said...

awww, sorry for your loss. I almost cried because she looks just like my Pebbles. She's a Pug mix, too. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Chrisy said...

Life is sad sometimes isn't it...I particularly feel for your little girl..that first realisation that someone isn't ever coming back is painful..necessary yes..but still painful...

Sunny said...

I'm so sorry you lost your Pug baby. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Vanessa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

amy said...

she was so damn cute! i miss that little bugabop.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online